Friday, September 29, 2006

9/21/2006 - Portland Fly Tie In

I love to fly fish, but there has become another passion associated with this sport, fly tying. I have been tying flies for the last three years and I have seen some dramatic improvements in my tying. One reason for those improvements is because I have sat down with many of my close friends that have tied for years and picked things up from them.

For this reason, I try to set up fly tying gatherings here in Portland, Oregon. Usually we have in the neighborhood of ten people, but this time around we had about 15 people. All of the flies tied on this evening will go to an auction to help support an online fly fishing community that we all belong to.

I would like to have this fly tying gathering about every 6 months, but usually things come up and interfere. Anyways, this is not a church gathering, it is just people that I have met on the web getting together to tie flies, practice, and give their flies away to a worthy cause. Enjoy the pictures, I know I enjoyed myself that evening!


Take care all and God bless!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home